Sunday, May 10, 2015

Final Project Reflection

For my final project, my partner and I decided to write about the hook up culture. Originally though, this was not the topic we wanted to work on. We had both taken a psychology class about interpersonal relationships and we were eager to discuss some of the things we had learned in class. In truth, we actually wanted to debunk many relationship myths out there. I shared my plan with the class, but they all said they would rather hear about something else. They actually did not want to know the truth about relationships! What they really wanted to know about was the hook- up culture and whether it was actually something new on college campuses. Seeing that it was relevant to our audience, we went for it!

I was very content with the outcome of our project. I enjoyed learning about the history of hooking up and what were the technologies that influenced dating scripts. Diane did an excellent job with the video, which I don't think I would have been able to do.

This project was definitely a learning experience- particularly for my personal growth. I learned many things about myself that I will be able to apply in future group projects. I learned that I was a control- freak and that it is definitely something I need to work on. I also learned that I get stressed really easily. In essence, I learned that I need to let things go... and that sometimes I just need to take a chill pill. I am very content with the final product and I hope you find learning about the history of hooking up as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment