Thursday, October 2, 2014

Informative Speech Reflection

The Informative Speech went pretty well for me. The research and topic selection process were enjoyable because I was thoroughly interested in my topic and I knew it was one that the class would find interesting, as well. As for the actual presentation, I was unfortunately very ill the week of speeches so my practice time was cut short. I was extremely nervous the night before and was afraid that I would stumble on my words a lot or forget what I had to say because we were only allowed 3 notecards. The day of I feel that I did pretty well. I remembered everything that I had to say. I know I did sound a bit nervous, but a lot less so than I had expected. I feel that I talked at a nice pace and had slowed it down a lot compared to my first practice run. I was nervous about being under 5 minutes, but I spoke slowly enough and had enough content to make it within the 5-7 minute mark. I feel that the class enjoyed my visual because they actually got to see what I was talking about, and because most of the class was familiar with Urban Outfitters, the topic was very relevant. Though the first round was scary (and made scarier by the fact that I was not at 100% health) I feel that it went relatively well!

No comments:

Post a Comment