Monday, March 9, 2015

A (very late) reflection

I completely forgot about the reflection blog for the informative speech. Oops.

I had a lot of fun preparing for this speech, as I always like to talk about cars (since I am passionate about them and I strongly believe in informing people about them).

What I learned while preparing my speech is that doing research unnaturally (when you have to do it, as opposed to doing research out of curiosity) is quite boring. I also learned that quoting in-speech was going to be quite difficult.

My speech topic is important to me due to the fact that I like turbos one day, and other days I hate them. It really depends on what sort of mood I'm in. Still, the fact is that even normal people are now being introduced to the world of turbocharging, whether they like it or not.

I think I did well in avoiding fillers. I didn't memorize my speech at all, in fact I only practiced about twice (I ran out of time. I was able to use the pictures in my slideshow to jog my memory. I mainly faced the problem of going on for too long. I had set my speech up into 7 parts with each being less than a minute so I could squeeze in my speech into seven, even chunks, but I kind of forgot how long a minute was and then the five minute mark appeared when I was halfway through my speech.

I may or may not do a segment on turbocharging for my visual speech if I do manage to get a turbocharged car for Neon Tommy, but as far as I'm concerned that's out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment