Tuesday, September 9, 2014

intro speech

I felt relieved that our very first speech assignment was on the topic that we know the best - ourselves. 
I was brainstorming ideas on what exactly I wanted to talk about and a lot of the approach I took in preparation was from what I learned in COMM 375. My professor, Paula Woodley taught the class about how to put together a successful and coherent presentation and I derived a lot from the techniques that she taught the class. 

Since this speech was only one minute long (90 seconds max), it did not require a lot of content; in fact I needed to keep it very concise and simple as possible. Because of the short length, it was easier for me to quickly recall the things that I wanted to touch on. I was also less nervous about leaving things out because there was not a whole lot of detail. 

Overall, I thought that my speech went pretty well. I touched on everything I wanted to share with the class. I felt that I could have been more concise and to the point; there was a bit of rambling but that may be because I lacked practice. 



1 comment:

  1. When you know a subject (such as yourself) very well, you'll find that it's harder to keep it short than fill in the time! That's awesome that you had taken a class on how to do presentations before! Hopefully you can use this class to hone your skills and get more practice!

    ReplyDelete