Thursday, November 27, 2014

Julia Tseng visual aid speech reflection

               I wasn't as nervous to give the speech this time. I learned that there were a good amount of peer reviewed articles regarding crossfit which was all very interesting to read. This topic was very important to me because I did crossfit, and I didn't look at the negative sides of it. It was until after I was done with Crossfit that I started hearing about the negative side of this sport. I still would like to get back to Crossfit if it was not so expensive. The Crossfit I went to was great and all the members were very supportive of each other which I really appreciated. Some of the challenges I faced were trying to condense the important parts of the speech. I know so much about this topic that I feel like everything is important. Overall, I feel like I should work on condensing the speech even more. 

              After doing this speech, I am still in support of Crossfit. I would just advise everyone to be cautious of how their bodies feel after each workout, and to rehab correctly. I feel like the visual aid speech was the best speech I have given because I liked the videos I showed. I think searching for the Crossfit fail videos was the best part because there were many funny ones and funny commentaries. It was hard to pick which video to show because they were all really good funny videos. I also learned that Crossfit is not as terrible as everyone thinks it is. Most of the critics have not even tried Crossfit, but I have tried Crossfit therefore, I can give an objective view on Crossfit. Many of the videos that I found were not in Crossfit. I just feel like whenever there is something bad about a sport people will just jump on the bandwagon to make fun of something. Moving on, The only thing that I was disappointed about was that I forgot to show the reference page at the end of the speech. I feel that Crossfit is a good topic to do because it is such a controversial topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment