Monday, November 10, 2014

Persuasive Speech Reflection

Last week I gave my persuasive speech on why I believe that the national legal drinking age should be lowered from twenty-one to eighteen. This topic is important to me not just because as a young adult I want to be able to go out and drink alcohol legally, but because I believe that there are a lot of reasons that the minimum legal drinking age of twenty-one is hypocritical and unfair. Because I feel strongly about the topic, I hope that the audience was able to care more about my message as well. Unfortunately when I gave my speech I was in the process of fighting a cold so I don’t think I sounded great. I definitely did a better job with citing my sources in my speech than I did during my informative speech. I also think that I did a better job of managing my time during my speech, but this is still something that I need to work on.


I enjoyed Sunny’s speech about the benefits of volunteering for charitable organizations instead of just donating money to them. I have worked with a few different organizations and have questioned where all of the money goes. I think that as young adults we are capable of putting in the time and effort to volunteer for a good cause. I also liked Stephanie’s speech about adopting dogs from shelters instead of buying dogs from breeders. She was clearly passionate about the topic and that showed through her delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment