Friday, November 28, 2014

Visual Aid Speech Reflection

Visual Aid Speech Reflection
One thing that was stressed mostly in regards to completing our visual aid speech was to make sure that our visual aid complimented our speech rather than take over and be an entity in itself. With that being said, I attempted to make a PowerPoint which featured mostly pictures on each slides and these pictures were put in to supplement what I was saying. The speech that I chose to do was on the Green Movement and the reason I did it was because not only was it very near and dear to my heart but also it was something that I felt like had a profound impact on the Middle East being that it was the first attempt at a revolution of its caliber in over three four decades to have erupted.  With that being said, I think being that it was something I was extremely interested in and experienced I was a lot more natural. The only problem I have with myself is that when I get up there I kind of lose track of where I was trying to go with my idea sometimes only because I’m so scared of being graded. I know I have a natural feel to public speaking but I think the fact that I am being graded puts on an extra amount of pressure which results in me not really performing the best that I can. My visual aid itself I felt like was actually pretty good being that the pictures were very to the point and they featured the interesting parts of my speech. I tried to not make them boring so not only was it only one picture per slide and not many words except a title but I also didn’t have too many slides to make it a drag. Overall, I’m proud of my improvements in regards to the way I carried myself up there and being to the point. I do however wish I actually had an audience because maybe that would have had an impact on my performance. In regards to the other speeches that I liked, I must say Emma’s was one that I enjoyed simply because I am really interested in art and she seemed to have a personal connection to the artist and the pieces that he had constructed. Another speech that was interesting to me was the speech in regards to a typical day or week in the life of a student athlete. It wasn’t anything complicated, most of it featured her own schedule and pictures of places she practices or has to attend but it was so simple and to the point that it caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment