Monday, November 3, 2014

persuasive speech Julia Tseng

I felt a lot more comfortable about speaking in front of the class this time because I had practiced a lot. I felt that I delivered the main points of my speech clearly and in a concise way. However, I was still nervous, but not as nervous as the last speech I had given. I did notice that I had to pause a couple of times because I did not want to miss any details with my main points. I only had one counterargument and I wish I had more time to give more counterarguments because this was a topic that was fun for me to do and very informational. I feel that next time I should write better key words in my notecards, so I can glance at the words and speak. I feel like I should have included some videos of planet fitness. I should make better eye contacts with my classmates. Overall, I was satisfied with my speech, but I know I have a lot more to improve on.

Tuesday: I really liked the speech that was given by Katherine. She gave compelling reasons on why students should travel abroad which really resonated with me, and made me want to travel abroad also. Her experiences were very interesting and exciting to hear.

Thursday: I really liked the speech about adopting from a shelter. I never knew that buying from a breeder would be harmful to the dogs at the shelter, and it makes me want to adopt from a shelter and give a dog a happy home.



Julia Tseng

No comments:

Post a Comment